I began racing after a chance meeting on Beach Drive in Rock Creek Park with David “SuperDave” Osborne. I found out later that the “chance” meeting wasn’t so chance after all . And the rest, as they say, is history. In 1996, I joined Team Aggress and then Rock Creek Racers in 1997. Witnessing firsthand the lack of support and mentorship in women’s racing in our district, in 1999 I joined with three other like-minded women, Evelyn Egizi, Robyn McGuckin, and Kiersten Johnson, and founded Artemis Racing, Inc. My primary role has been as Women’s Coordinator.
Some of my milestones:
- 1st Place Cat 4 BAR
- 1st Place Athens (Ohio) Brick Criterium Street Sprints
- 1st Place Cat 3 Series
- 3rd Place Cat 3 BAR
- 1st Place Athens (Georgia) Twilight Cat 3/4 Circuit Race
- 1st Place Masters Women Puerto Rico Masters National Criterium
- MABRA BAR 35+ Women Champion 2010 and 2011
- MABRA 35+ Women Track Champion – 2010 and 2012
- 2011 MABRA 35+ Women Criterium Champion
- Silver Medal – 2011 USAC Masters National Track Championship – Team Sprint
- Bronze Medal – 2011 USAC Masters National Track championship – 500m TT;
Scratch Race; 200m Match Sprint
- Bronze Medal 2013 USAC Masters National Track Championship – Team Sprint
- 2015 MABRA 45+ Women Criterium Champion
- 3rd Place 2015 MABRA BAR 45+ Women
- Silver Medal – 2015 USAC Masters National Track Championship – Team Sprint
- Bronze Medal – 2015 USAC Masters National Track Championship – Team Pursuit
- Bronze Medal – 2015 USAC Masters National Track Championship – Match Sprint
I was born and raised in Washington, DC. I was a competitive gymnast for 7 years and also raced track. Sprinter, of course! In my other life, I am Management & Program Analyst for the Department of Homeland Security Headquarters. I am a wife, mother of two, and “MeMe” to three beautiful grandchildren. And, I love to cook and eat really good food.
Additionally, I also spent two years on the other side of the camera as a USAC official.